Before applying to a job with the Citrus County Sheriff's Office, many positions require training. Please view our pre-employment training requirements PRIOR to applying to a position.
The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office is always looking for high caliber employees who are interested in having a long and fulfilling career with us. We routinely have openings for law enforcement and civilian positions. If you would like to work for a highly-advanced agency with a community policing philosophy, then please fill out the employment application so that your information is on file. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications and will remain active on file for 1 year. Applications can be hand delivered or sent in by mail.
Address: Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Human Resources
1 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Inverness FL 34450
Human Resources Employee Representative
Amanda Phillips: 352-341-7429
To be considered for employment with the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office, the following qualifications must be met:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years of age. For the deputy sheriff (sworn) position minimum age is 19 years of age.
- U.S. citizen or resident alien
- Must reside in Citrus County or an adjoining county (fire personnel excluded)
- Tobacco Free – Applicants must not have used tobacco products for a minimum of six months (1 year for fire personnel) prior to the date of hire and will not be permitted to use tobacco products at any time after employment, whether on or off duty.
- Discharge from the military under honorable conditions
- Applicants may be required to pass a skills test based on position applied for.
- Communications and Deputy Sheriff applicants must be familiar with the geography of Citrus County and adjacent areas
- Successfully pass a background investigation.
- Undergo a computer voice stress analysis and psychological test
- Satisfactorily complete a medical examination, including drug screen
- Satisfactorily complete the physical fitness requirements based on position. Fire Law
Employee Paid Benefits
- Florida Retirement
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Education Salary Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick Leave
The Citrus County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion, or any other legally protected status.