Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 331
For young men and women considering a career in law enforcement, the Explorer Program at
CCSO affords practical training and experience through education, community involvement and
The Florida Association of Police Explorers (F.A.P.E.) was
organized in 1971 to bring together Law Enforcement
Explorers from around the State of Florida. Our organization
serves as a conduit to unite Explorers and allow them to learn
about law enforcement as a career. F.A.P.E. is a youth run
program, which reaches out to young males and females
between the ages of 14-21, and allows them the opportunity to
become leaders within the organization. We believe as an
organization that the youth who are influenced today will
become the law enforcement officers of tomorrow.
The Explorer Program is not limited only to those interested in law enforcement as a career.
Explorers receive a better understanding of law enforcement in general. This information is
beneficial no matter what career path is chosen.
Emphasizing personal accountability, discipline and respect for chain-of-command, Explorers will engage in:
Explorer Meetings are held most Wednesdays from 5:30 – 7:30PM at the Sheriff’s Office
- Instruction in areas of law enforcement, such as traffic stops, officer safety, first aid, crime prevention and firearms safety.
- Traffic control and parking cars at events in the community.
- Attend the Florida Association of Police Explorers (F.A.P.E.) meetings and State Competition with other Explorers from across the State of Florida.
- Deputy Ride-A-Long Program.
Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in Lecanto. Schedules and locations may vary, please
contact or email Deputy Todd Cridland or Deputy Shannon Goodman if you are interested in
attending a meeting.
For more information on becoming an Explorer or to
make a donation please contact Deputy Todd Cridland
or Deputy Shannon Goodman, School Resource
Deputy Program, Citrus County Sheriff's Office by
Phone: 352-726-4488 or E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants Must Meet The Following Criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 21 years old.
- Must have completed the 8Th grade.
- Have and maintain at least a grade point average of 2.0 ("C").
- No serious arrests.
- No illegal drug use.
For more information or to obtain an application, please fill out the below form.
Explorer Post Form
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK @EXPLORERPOST331
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
1 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Ave.
Inverness, Florida 34450