Identity Theft/Fraud Online Reporting
Welcome to the Citrus County Sheriff's Office Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this online police reporting system you will be able to report the incident without waiting and print a copy of the report for free. If you are the victim of identity theft or fraud please get and keep all papers, receipts, cancelled checks, mail from companies, etc. related to this crime. We may contact you to get these items if needed and you should keep copies for your records.
There are some groups you should get in touch with if you are the victim of identity theft or fraud, some will ask for the report number you get at the end of this online police report process.
Start Report Here
|Agency||Web URL||Contact Telephone Number|
|U.S. Federal Trade Commission||http://www.ftc.gov/||1-877-438-4338|
|Department of Motor Vehicles||http://www.flhsmv.gov/||1-850-617-2000|
**Cases involving worthless checks or checks written on a closed account must be filed with the State Attorney’s Office directly by the victim. You can review information at their website State Attorney Fifth Judicial Circuit or contact them at (352) 341-6670.
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site please go to the actual home website of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you throw them away if you do not plan on using them.