IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY DO NOT USE THIS FORM. INSTEAD CALL 9-1-1.
Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately. Only the following types of incidents may be reported using the Sheriff's Office Citizen On-Line Reporting System: Identity Theft/Fraud & Supplement to Identity Theft/Fraud. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This event occurred in the past and the suspect is not present.
- There are no firearms or other weapons involved. If so, you CAN NOT use this system. You will need to contact our Communications Center by calling 911. If you are calling from out of county call 352-249-2790.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
If you answered yes to all of the above, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered no to any of these please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Upon completion of the online report you will:
- See the words: "Your report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print an unofficial copy of the report to keep for your records.
- Once you have submitted your information, a detective will be contacting you by email or by phone
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Upon approval by a Citrus County Sheriff's Office representative, you will be notified by e-mail of the permanent case number and also receive a copy of the approved case.
- If the case is rejected by a Citrus County Sheriff's Office representative, you will be notified by e-mail of the reason for the rejection.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.