Citrus County Sheriff's Office Explorer Post 331
For young men and women considering a career in law enforcement, the Explorer Program at
CCSO affords practical training and experience through education, community
involvement and public service.
The Florida Association of Police Explorers (F.A.P.E.) was organized in 1971 to bring together Law Enforcement Explorers from around the State of Florida. Our organization serves as a conduit to unite Explorers and allow them to learn about law enforcement as a career. F.A.P.E. is a youth-run program that reaches out to young males and females between the ages of 14-21, and allows them the opportunity to become leaders within the organization. We believe as an organization that the youth who are influenced today will become the law enforcement officers of tomorrow.
The Explorer Program is not limited only to those interested in law enforcement as a career.
Explorers receive a better understanding of law enforcement in general. This information is
beneficial no matter what career path is chosen.
Emphasizing personal accountability, discipline and respect for chain-of-command, Explorers will engage in:
- Instruction in areas of law enforcement, such as traffic stops, officer safety, first aid, crime prevention and firearms safety.
- Traffic control and parking cars at events in the community.
- Attend the Florida Association of Police Explorers (F.A.P.E.) meetings and State Competition with other Explorers from across the State of Florida.
- Deputy Ride-A-Long Program.
For more information on becoming an Explorer or to make a donation, please contact Deputy Caroline Eichhorn or Deputy Josh Barr, School Resource Deputy Program, Citrus County Sheriff's Office.
Applicants Must Meet The Following Criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 21 years old.
- Must have completed the 8Th grade.
- Have and maintain at least a grade point average of 2.0 ("C").
- No serious arrests.
- No illegal drug use.
For more information or to obtain an application, please fill out the below form.Explorer Post Form
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK @EXPLORERPOST331
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
1 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Ave.
Inverness, Florida 34450